- A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain.
- A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.
- Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
- Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
- An Englishman is a person who does things because they have been done before. An American is a person who does things because they haven’t been done before.